Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Topical News

YapYapOK Free Classifieds Page 1 Google UK

I spent most of yesterday reading Tweets rather than Tweeting - I did say it was addictive.  Tweeting tends to air on the topical and Twitter was full of the Murdock enquiry.  I was watching the enquiry whilst simultaneously reading what others had to say about it.  What can I say - I am a woman and can multi task!!

The Murdocks pretty much denied any knowledge of any wrong doing exclaiming that the N.O.W represented only 1% of the overall empire and they couldn't possible have any knowledge of the tactics utilsed by the reporters.  Well I can sympathize with that.  I once owned a retail shop and it was hard enough tracing staff who used the phone for telephone competitions.

However can the same be said of the Editor?  Whilst this may be 1% of the Murdochs business it was surely 100% of her job!

I leave you with that thought since I don't want to get too political here.

Completely unrelated but topical is the Google +1 button that is creating waves every where you look on the internet just now.   According to many articles it is Googles answer to Facebook!!

Adding the Google +1 button onto a website is similar to adding the Facebook like.  Entrepeneurs on Fiverr are already offering to create 50 +1s for any web owner with the button. Having looked into it I can only find reviews and webmasters tools.  Thats a bit like looking for Facebook to only find how to add the like button for your site whilst managing to avoid Facebook altogether.  Ok so I have only had a breif look in the past week and its possible that the hype is preempting the site.  However one reviewer did talk about the photo upload which apparently runs very smoothly - I would try it if I could find it!

So to +1 or not to +1?  That is the question!  My gut feeling is that it can't hurt and may actually have positive inplications.  Adding the +1 button is simple according to webmaster tools.  If I can pay $5 for 50  "likes" then I will create 50 links.  Not just any links - Google links.  Surely Google will like that!!

YapYapOK Free Classifieds - Keeping UP!!  

Posted via email from Yap Yap OK. Daily Blog of the UKs superior FREE classified site

No comments:

Post a Comment