Thursday, November 26, 2009

Banner ads and analysis

Well I had a very successful day yesterday. My click through on Tweeting was great. I had 59 clicks for about 15 minutes total work. I also had clicks through on Facebook. Unfortunately my google analytics is out of action so I don't know exactly but I am hoping that my hits will have been close to a hundred. Not bad for a site that we just started working on a week ago.

I was meant to be in a meeting today with the developer who has just finished the wish list function. As usual she has gone beyond our expectations and no doubt made a totally fabulous job of it. It has bought about a slight delay so our meeting is now on monday. Topic of the meet is banner adds, specifically the size, layout and rotations of banner ads.

My research has shown that certain size banners are more likely to work for the advertiser which clearly has consequences (or pound notes) for the web owner. Optimum sizes and position are paramount when dealing with digital agents. Rotating the ads is also significant. Users apparently do not like static ads, there fore we need to vary the advertisnig space either when the page is refreshed or on a timer. 3 rotations a minute seems to be a bit of a standard. However this also gets complicated as some banners are waited to enable some ads to appear for longer or more often than others.

Oh and for those of you who are interested. The wider ads work better. A newer size which is becoming more popular is the 728x90 header banner, which is lovely and big and should produce lots of revenue, rotated (for your pleasure) of course!

Till next time xx

No comments:

Post a Comment