Thursday, November 26, 2009

Ok back again so very quickly. I had to do some bit.ly links, which I love! I will explain more about them another time. Yap Yap OK has just joined Facebook. Here s the link http://bit.ly/7xXazp. (see its in bit.ly).
Facebooks is brilliant. I shared it with my friends and instantly had a fan. She sent it on and seconds later another fan signed up. For SEO purposes this is an invaluable tool. First my website gets seen, hopefully it gets some hits in particular uniques and the search engines can see a mega load of activity.

Now you may have noticed an illustration of my bit.ly link above. It is simply an abbreviation of what would otherwise be long link. This is important as Tweeting only allows you 140 characters. You really do not want 50 of them (or more) as part of a hyperlink. Additionally, you sign up for your bit account which tracks your tweets, the clicks from your tweets so that you can ascertain many of the analytics available. These include bar charts which shows clear and concise numbers of which tweets worked best. That enables the tweeter to best use certain words to encourage clicks.

Of course another key benefit is the linking and recognition that these sites bring. I am enjoying learning how these SN sites quickly help me generate traffic and blogging as I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment