Friday, November 27, 2009

Social Media and Alexa Ranking

Tweeting is being neglected today, hence only a 4 clicks. Not great seeing as I had so many click throughs yesterday, so I shall just take a moment for a tweet. Ok in less than a minute another 3 clicks.

My limited exposure and knowledge of Social Media is clearly not a problem as our Alexa rankings have increased by 90% in a week. Admittedly we had alot to do considering we were ranked at over 23 million 2 weeks ago. We are now sitting at an Alexa ranking of 2.8 million, so a vast improvement. I have found that linking my blog to my tweets has encouraged a higher following on Twitter. I have yet to master the art of followers on blogger but my blogs are public and are being read by my Facebook fans and my Twitterers. I have also yet to master the art of publishing a customised header on wordpress. I currently have a little blue question mark where it should be.

Anyway the long and the short of it is, by linking my blog to twitter as well as my facebook page I have upped my following, varied my tweets and gained enough click through to up my Alexa ranking. These are currently the only marketing tools we are using.

So excuse me while I Tweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment