Sunday, August 21, 2011

Top UK Sites

YapYapOK Free Classifieds

I often look to see where the YapYapOK Free Classifieds links are coming from.

Yesterday I noted that it had been listed in one of the top 10,000 .co.uk websites for 2011.  YapYapOK  is listed at number 2450.  We were also listed on a website for top UK Free Classifieds on an SEO expert blog - only 53 are listed.

Our SERP has increased as expected although we are still in the middle of SEO so we will bounce about for a little while until Google decides our new position.  Its interesting to see that we get a lot of adverts from SEO companies appearing on our website.  The reason for this is that as a Free Classifieds we get alot of exposure.  By appearing high in the search engines they can clearly see that the ads they place will be visible.  Additionally our page rank will give their site some importance and help boost the SERP for the website they are trying to promote.  

I have been reading quite a bit about link indexing and was drawn to a blog regarding gmail.  The author explains that placing links in a gmail to another gmail account means automatic indexing.

I have done this and am currently awaiting results.  Comments on the blog suggest waiting just a few hours but this has not happened in our case.

However I will persevere and report back.  Should this succeed I will post a link to the site with all the instructions.

Another blog post suggests that any posts promoting links within a blog post should be a minimum of 500 words with a low keyword anchor density. I have read about keyword density many times in my SEO research.  It seems to me that it's unlikely that Google penalises excessive links but may disregards them.  To that end I continue to link since we have not been penalised and our SERP is excellent.  

Tomorrow I will blog about some of the Free Ads that have appeared on the site.  I will use the title as anchor text to help point search results to the advert.

So if you want your ad featured - get posting.

YapYapOK Free Ads - listed as one of the UK Free Classifieds sites.  

Posted via email from Yap Yap OK. Daily Blog of the UKs superior FREE classified site

No comments:

Post a Comment