Monday, November 1, 2010

A return to Scribd

YapYapOK Free Classifieds Alexa 222k Google page 1

Our SERP on Google.com for Free Classifieds is now at number 39 so huge improvements, all others page 1.

As promised I have finally published the chocolate cake recipe on the forum.  The original is from Pioneer Woman but I altered it to preserve my arteries.  I have compensated with an extra egg to enrichen the mixture.  

I published this on Scribd along with a photo.  The good thing about Scribd is the number of views you get within a short time of publishing.  Within about 20 seconds of loading we were up to 44.  I guess that a title with Chocolate in it was the clincher.

Scribd have come under attack as they are now charging for downloading other peoples content.  The main issue is that they are not giving the publisher any of the funds.  Personally I have little issue with this. Publishers had always placed this on Scribd knowing that they would not be paid.  Scribd have running costs and I bet to get where they are now many millions has been spent.  

Many of the publishers have used Scribd as a free marketing tool, it seems a little off balance to me to expect such a one way relationship with a supplier.  It has without doubt been a great marketing tool for the YapYapOK Free Classifieds.

So clearly I have and remain a fan of Scribd.  In spite of this I opted that my publications are available for Free.  The reason being that I have now noticed that my recipes are no longer being downloaded even though the readership is still high.  

Some thinking top do, some SEO to do.  Befopre that, just a quick look at PW's food blog!

YapYapOK Free Classifieds - the UK Free Ads website with global visibility!!

Posted via email from Yap Yap OK. Daily Blog of the UKs superior FREE classified site

No comments:

Post a Comment