Friday, January 8, 2010

Just a quickie


It has been a mad week. Our site is gaining in popularity. My Twittor followers are up, thankyou, my Facebook Followers are very slowly going in the right direction and the site now has some real advertisers on board.

I am back to square one with some of my meta data implementation having decided to use my new found knowledge, courtesy of Peter Kent the author of SEO for Dummies.

I have found some of the data analytics very absorbing. Of particular note is the keyword anaysis used by the customer to reach your site. One customer actually had "men seeking animal" as a search phrase. Even more bizarre then that he arrived at our site.

Not quite so mysterious really, considering that zoophilia is illegal ( in fact it is one offence which still carries the death penalty in the UK) and there must be very few, if any websites with the phrase "man seeking animal" actually in them.

We have in our personals, among others, "men seeking woman". In the pet section there are many keywords and phrases containing the word or meta data "animal".

When google failed to find a website with the exact phrase "men seeking animal" in the meta data, it simply looked for them contained within the confines of the website, simply put of course!

Anyway, since I am not in the business of misleading customers, I have decided not to add this obscure meta data to the website and proserve a modicom of decency for all our web visitors.

I hope you find that useful!

No comments:

Post a Comment