Thursday, October 7, 2010

The Favour Bank

YapYapOK Free Classifieds 205k

I once read a book by Paulo Coelho, I can't remember which one since I have read them all.

It refers to a "Favour Bank", its all about helping and connecting people in need of help - just because you can.  Taking out of the "Favour Bank" leaves you with a moral obligation or a debt with the "Favour Bank".  Therefore once in a position to do so, it becomes your responsibility to help others.

In the book the "Favour Bank" was only available to those within a certain network.  I don't believe in this, I think we should help when we can to whomever we wish to, it should not matter if they are are not within that network.  Often those introduced to the "Favour Bank"  became in debt to it before they made any deposits, they should remember that!

Recently we have been helped no end by someone whom we have only known a relatively short time.  In deed we are very much in debt.  This is where I get a little lost, since I can't remember if we owe this person or if past favours we have done have simply been repaid.  Clearly we would love to be well placed to help our friend and shall at the first opportunity, irrelevent of the rules.  

Since my husband and I have been together we have often put ourselves out to help where we could.   I strongly believe that if you can either afford to help or if its merely spending time doing a little running around, no matter how inconvenient it may be, then you simply should.  At least you can hold your head up and know that you have fulfilled the bit of you that is human.

YapYapOK Free Classifieds has had so much help from SEO experts whom we have not even had the pleasure of meeting.  In all cases rapport has been built through email.  It reminds me of a quote I recently heard  "If you have knowledge, let others light their candles at it" - Margaret Fuller.

YapYapOK Free Classifieds - SERPING - with a lot of help from others!

Posted via email from Yap Yap OK. Daily Blog of the UKs superior FREE classified site

No comments:

Post a Comment