Saturday, October 2, 2010

Single Child Parenting

YapYapOK Free Clsssifieds 207k - Still on Page 1 Google

Its Saturday and I am off topic.


My son has disappeared for a day with his friends at their house.  Yesterday he was at another friends and he has a sleep over organised for next friday.

Tomorrow he has golf in the morning followed by 2 hours of tennis.  I feel as if I never see him.

The problem with only having one child is that you sibling rivalry can not exist.  Parenting, for me is a real pleasure and I love spending time with him.  We have always been a threesome and its been fun.  As he gets older we are very much a couple and there is a gaping hole that gets bigger the more independent he becomes.

I see now why pets become replacement children for either the childless or for those whose offspring have flown the nest.  Mayybe this is also the reason why being a grandparent is so special.

My current focus is our very naughty but adorable cat.  Having a child stilted my love of animals, I have now come full circle and would happily have a menagerie but for my husband.

I would love to take up horse riding again.  Go dog walking and have at least 2 cats at home.  Currently I am too busy to comit to anything but maybe as my son spends less time at home that need to nurture will become irresistibly strong.

I am curious to know if other single child parents feel like this too, I don't mean to generalise and would love some comments.

YapYapOK Free Classifieds

Posted via email from Yap Yap OK. Daily Blog of the UKs superior FREE classified site

No comments:

Post a Comment