Thursday, October 28, 2010

Ripe for Cooking

YapYapOK Free Classifieds 225k Alexa Google page 1

Having been totally distracted by Pioneer Womans blog, I became inspired to add a couple more recipes to my YapYapOK Free Classifieds  Scribd pages.  

My first was a quiche.  I love quiche, but a couple of quiche disasters means that I was a little unsure about the number of eggs that I put in as well as the dish I used.  Pioneer woman uses 7 eggs.  Other recipes call for a less generous 2.  I settled for 5, changed the quantity of fluids and then fanny'ed around with the ingredients.  Its not a hard and fast rule for the filling, whatever you fancy.

Yesterday I made meatballs.  I love making meatballs when I really fancy fannying in the kitchen.  Again I change the ingredients depending on what I have in the cupboards.  These were outstanding and worth the extra time of roasting the veggies for the sauce.  Check out the meatball recipe here.  

I made another chocolate sheet cake courtesy of Pioneer Woman - although I do change the ingredients a little.  Budgets, arteries as well as diabetes in the family means that I cannot use that much butter or that quantity of sugar in the topping.  I shall publish my recipe on the Free Classifieds forum (in a day or 2) for all those that feel the same.  This is still very rich, very chocolately and I'm certain that you wont miss the extra calories.  I also halve the ingredients to fit into a 7 ich tin with a loose base.   Why?  My family is small and Id rather make this more often and have it fresh.  

It's so quick and easy that I have gone from a woman who rarely bakes to making this cake several times in the last few weeks.

Today I am mainly out of the kitchen, having made meatballs for the five thousand I shall enjoy a day of uninterrupted SEO.  Except  its half term, I have a halloween costume to make and some tennis to attend.

Ooh and if your wondering about the title today, I bought a t shirt with this on and got called naive by my husband!  

YapYapOK Free Classifieds -  Full on!

Posted via email from Yap Yap OK. Daily Blog of the UKs superior FREE classified site

No comments:

Post a Comment