Friday, September 30, 2011

Quantity Vs Quality Part II

YapYapOK Free Classifieds

I had to follow up on yesterdays blog since I received this SEO newsletter which I read after I had posted.  It supports not only what I posted but also what I had suggested may be the case regarding relevent linking strategy.

So, according to the article, one good link on a topic relevant site is worth more than multiple links.  So rather than troll through sites for commenting it is importnat to try to get as many quality sites with the correct topic matter.  This is not as time consuming as you may think.

Simple put into the Google search the following:-

"Keyword"+edu "leave a comment" -"comments closed" -"you must be logged in to comment"

I am requesting edu sites for the quality that they represent, you can substitute this for gov or wp-admin.  I am also asking Google for it to give me the comments page where comments are open without registration, one of the commands is negative. 

Replace keyword with your choice of keywords.  Eg this morning I chose advertising:-

"advertising"+edu "leave a comment" -"comments closed" -"you must be logged in to comment" 

I can replace the word advertising with ads, classifieds, free classifieds - well you get the picture, this will bring up alternative sites so that I can comment on them.

The article also reinforces what I mentioned regarding the quality of the comment that you leave.  Whilst I am unsure if this effects your Google- worthiness it is more likely that in the event of a moderated blog your comments will be published.  Since you very often do not know if its automatically live,  then it really is worth at least skim reading to ensure that you post a comment referring to the article with some consideration for the writer. Only 1 or 2 links a day will be worth more so in fact SEO is less time consuming than before.  Great news!

YapYapOK Free Ads

Posted via email from Yap Yap OK. Daily Blog of the UKs superior FREE classified site

No comments:

Post a Comment