Sunday, February 14, 2010

Off topic, but the links are in!

Its Valentines Day.

I have nothing new  to report today except on a personal matter.  I seem to have developed an intolerance to barley.  Not over night.  its been quite a long time & actually only discovered by abstinance.  My favourite drink is beer.   I drink it every day, not excessively but everyday non-the-less.  I love wine, but given the choice I would rather have developed an intolerance to that. 

My symptoms are extreme neck pain which travels from the base of my skull and then into my neck & shoulders.  I am no wimp but this is sickening pain.  I always believed tha it was a result of a slight curvature which I have due to a problem vertebra further down which required some reinforcing.  So imagine my relief when the pain gradually lessens over a couple of days of non drinking.  At the time I did not put the two together although I did report to my husband that my neck pain had disappeared after about a week. 

After a couple of weeks we  had our friend Investor Morse over for dinner & he bought over a lovely bottle of port.  I had a couple of small glasses and did not suffer any effects the next day.  About a week later I had a small glass of brandy.  Still nothing.  Then I had another beer.  Within 10 minutes of 1/2 pint of Bavarian lager I had excruciating pain & felt unwell.  This was reminiscent of a previous incident so I Googled it. 

Had this occured with any alcohol it could have been one of several disorders.  The fact that I am able to drink other alcoholic beverages points to a barley intolerance.  Now I have read that it is possible to reprogram your body to tolerate potential allergens providing you abstain from the culprit "food" for a minimum of 6 months.  So here goes.

If I start posting pictures of me in a bikini in the next few weeks then clearly there will have been some other benefits, however it may be better to all who read this that I don't.  Along with other more mature ladies, we start to get body dysmorphic disorder as we get older.  However instead of thinking our bodies are worse than they are we think they are better!

Happy Valentines day.  If your alone consider advertising in the personals, sometimes fate needs a push.

YapYapOK UK Free Classified

Posted via email from Yap Yap OK. Daily Blog of the UKs superior FREE classified site

No comments:

Post a Comment