Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Update on rankings via social media


YapYapOK Alexa Ranking 2 219 916.

Since my last report we dropped a few thousand but we have now climbed back up again, oh to go below the elusive 2 million! Our new YapYapOK You tube video has had 134 views & they are not even friends and family.

We have had several new ads on the YapYapOK classified site which is fantastic. Soon we will start our email marketing campaign. We have a couple more things to implement then we can really press on.

One of the adverts yesterday was for a second hand book called The Time Travellers Wife, a best seller by Audrey Niffenegger ( spelling. I recently reviewed this book on the YapYapOK forum & agree with the seller. It is one of my favourite books ever. The seller has it priced at £3 which I think is a real bargain. I forget how much I paid for mine but it is now in the safe hands of my mum. We share our books!

Another advert is for a Water Home on Palm Jebel Ali in Dubai, the pictures are artist impressions as it is off plan but if the reality is 1/10th of the pictures then it will still have an enormous wow factor. The promotional video which has been taken from YouTube quite literally takes your breath away.

The buzz word is BUZZ. Google has entered the domain of Social networking, so I have another item on my to do list. I fear that I will be another lone bod in a crowded, albeit virtual room. You see the problem is I blog and create links via all the social networking channels to create as many inward links pointing to YapYapOK, most of them are unread and are probably of little value. Some of them are immediately rewarding such as Twitter which I measure on bit.ly. My analytics show me the next day where my traffic has come form. Oddly Stumble Upon has become a not inconsiderable referrer. I probably spend about 30 minutes a week on this particular networking site and yet it brings in more traffic than all my hours on Twitter put together. My time on SU is limited as any one person can't submit the same page twice. This has been a surprising result but endorses the facts that I cannot afford to dismiss any of the social tools that I use!

My picture choice today was the icon for DIY, it represents multiple tools which is kinda what I'm blogging about. Weak link I know, I'll never get a job on telly!


YapYapOK a new class of classifieds

Posted via email from Yap Yap OK. Daily Blog of the UKs superior FREE classified site

No comments:

Post a Comment