Thursday, February 11, 2010

Would love to be in Dire Straits


I have once again become obsessed with Alexa Ranking. Clearly they
update more than once a week because....da da daaaaaa. We are now
ranked at 2,255,551 thats a jump of approx 62000 in 2 days!

We also have 5 sites linking in, bizarrely we have many more than
that. I have linked from Posturous and in turn, Blogger, Stumble etc
In fact I personally must create several links from at least 15
different social media on a daily basis, Twitter must be more like 30
plus every day!

Even more bizarre was the fact that 2 of the links were completely
unbeknown to me. So I wonder why they did and indeed how they found
us. Maybe all those links via the other social sites.

Today I have to report our new YapYapOK YouTube video featuring the song "Rich Girl" by Gwen Stefani went live yesterday!

We really wanted to put on Dire Straights "Money for Nothing". It
went brilliantly with the video, they are British & I am a huge
fan. One night in Sept 2009, a great friend & I spent several drunk hours
listening to Dire Straights on YouTube. I have always loved the Alchemy live version of Sultans of Swing, man can he play guitar. I also love Romeo & Juliet.
Tracy was telling me how sexy Mark Knopfler was. Well I had always
loved the music but really had never seen the sex appeal so it was
enlightening to watch him practically snogging the mic, singing in that
sexy drawl "I can't do anything but be in love" 'n strumming. Now I too
have a very grown up crush.

So, If there is anyone out there who knows Mark, and thinks he might
mellow to the idea of allowing us free use of his record then please do
get in touch. Who knows it might even bring him in some more record
sales! So Mark - You 'n me, how bout it

In the spirit of links YapYapOK free UK classifieds

OOh & I did at last publish my recipe for Scotch Eggs Gourmet a la Chates - Mark might like that, he was born in Scotland you know!

No comments:

Post a Comment