Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Cheating at Twitter

Yesterday I found out that you can cheat at Twitter. Admittedly if there is a cheat going I will find it sooner or later. I'm not sure if its my star sign (I'm a Leo) or if its some kind of inate desire to win at any cost. Cheating no matter how much I try to deny it, is instinctive to me. I have cheated my way through every game as a child and even though I admit it reluctantly, as an adult. I steal money from the bank in monopoly, change my hands in cards, I even cheat at snakes and ladders with my son. I recently found that I could install a cheat with Bejewelled blitz and acheived slightly unrealistic scores but almost believable. Despite my desire not to come clean until christmas I am an incredibly bad liar. So when the challenge comes I admit it. This is better than going beetroot and being exposed.

Anyway, I am unable to tell you which cheat worked or if they both did. I simply googled "how to get more followers in Twitter" and hey presto a hundred pages appeared all with massive claims of success. So why does this matter. Well the more followers you have the more likely your Tweets will be clicked to whatever page of any website you wish. This is not always your own. It may be your blog, your Facebook fan page (go on click and join) anything which links to your webpage and reinforces its presence. Or it could be that you want to divert attention to something that supports your cause. Anyway clearly the whole point of your presence on the web is to support it and more clicks the better. So I shall now see if this theory works.

Off to Tweet. I shall report on my findings!

No comments:

Post a Comment