Tuesday, December 1, 2009

SEO using meta data and social media sites

I am now on Digg, Blogger, Twitter, Facebook and I may be on get satisfaction, ( yes that one caught me by surpise too) and faveblog I have also stumbled a couple of times but still yet to understand that one. My blogs are twittered and posted on Facebook. I twitter my facebook and my blog, I Digg pages on my website and give it the thumbs up on Stumble and somehow these feed into other sites creating a complex exchange of links and further enhancing my SEO.

Don't believe me. Well enter yapyapok in to google. Look at the results. There are currently 34 entries containing the name yapyapok. There will be more after I finish this, such is the nature of the beast. We have been listed on a best hosting site bananafancy among others are twittering for us. We are on a twitter feed on a PR hub.

In grateful return I have linked all of the above to this blog.
You may notice that I have opted to have my Yapyapok twitter feeds linked to this blog too. Cool huh?

Well I have ranted on about posivive SEO via linking on social media. Let me draw your attantion to the negatives.

1 I joined stumble quite recently and in response to my profile posting a message greeted me to say a 40 year old woman has just joined stumble. OMG it was me. It took a little while to realise as I still don't comprehend 40 as being my age. In my mind I am still a young gorgeous (well when I look back I was OK) dancing queen jumping up and down to music in my favourite clubs in Torquay or Swansea or Bristol or Birmingham ( hey I got around) or where ever I was at the time. Anyway I digress, Stumble ranks highly and whenever I put in Yapyapok this piece of information greets me on the first page reintroducing me to the 40 year old who has just joined stumble.

The answer to this is clearly LIE if you don't want anyone to find your real age.

2 Never add your domain name to a URL valuation site when its in its infancy. Yes I have done it since with much better results but this seems indellibly linked to the first page. I guess the answer is to keep blogging, tweeting, Facebooking etc untill such time as it is relegated to the 12300 page on google!

No comments:

Post a Comment