Monday, December 7, 2009

Everything you thought you knew about sex, but wre too busy to ask!

Yesterday I was premature. I wrote about my amazing results on Twitter assumed by weekend Tweeting and the addition of sex. Well yesterdays Tweets (monday) no mention of sex, were my best ever. Tweeting alone gave me 137 clicks to whichever web page I chose to direct my traffic. So why was this? I am not altogether sure. I have gained another 30 followers but this alone would still be disproportionate in my click through success. Was it Richard Branson who famously said that only 20 % of his advertising works. If he knew which 20 then he would be a much richer man. Well I suppose it is the same with social media. Clearly Twitter is a huge success for me. I can analyse which pages are viewed the most but not what sparks the user to click through. Or who did. Actually I expect some of the tools are there. But my guess is that I will spend a lot of time determining what works only for the parameters to change. Wild stabs or Tweets in the dark are fun and keep my over active imagination running. You can be very inventive and off the wall with this.

Anyway, the major thing about Tweeting is that not only do I get some excellent traffic which helps with my ranking, but also I can direct my traffic to a particular advert or classified listing on the site. This means that I can drive Twitters to an advert over and over again, increase the chance of sales for my customers who then happily continue listing as the success of advertising is overwhelmingly worth the small time it took to load it.

Wow stupidly missing another opportunity of a link in. And waht could be more appropriate than this page. Yap Yap OK
Pip pip.

No comments:

Post a Comment