Thursday, December 17, 2009

Technorati the bloggers directory

I have re started my social media efforts having been thwarted by storms and ultimately had all online efforts quashed by "force majeure".

My Alexa rankings have taken a albeit tiny hit and dropped a few thousand places. Proportionately this is small but it is not the direction that we are used to.

Consequently I decided to look at alternative methods of networking a la social media and once again submitted to Digg, Stumble, Buzz and others which I am unsure worked properly but simple greeted me with a done message.

Once again I came up on Quantcast and Technorati. With renewed energy I decided that some application was called for. Quantcast I was reminded actually called for me to embed some code into my website in order for them to scan it.

I had not fulfilled this before as I had only recently given my long suffering developer another long to do list and feared she may be pushed a step too far in the wrong direction.

Now I have sent this on and I am looking forward to scanning this via Quantcast so that I may have an understanding of what Quantcast actually is.

Its a little like fumbling along in the dark and finding the toilet when the lights are off. When the lights are switched on then you realise that you got there in the end.

It seems to me that many of these social media are like this with a few odd rules thrown in.

One of these rules I found was that, when blogging keep paragraphs small even when they are inappropriate breaks, hence the new format. Also try to ensure few spelling mistakes. Ha!

Technorati on the other hand requires more indepth knowledge, which I do not have. I am now torn between spending time on the sites I understand and getting my site spidered in a time proven way, or investing my resources in Technorati.

Technorati is a blog directory. It has not indexed my blog and the old way of submitting the blog by pinging it is no longer in operation. So yes I have put in some man hours to find the old way and then to see that this no longer works AAARRRGGGHHH! Whoops spelling, that will stuff up my rankings!

Any ideas anyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment