Monday, December 7, 2009

Sex and Satuurdays

Ok so the title may be a little misleading. For the sake of SEO I shall mention sex and saturdays to ensure the content matches the tags. Sex does as I said in my last post attract Twitter traffic to your links. But Saturday hits are so much more prolific. Yes sex matters but all my Tweets were so much more prolific. My guess is that my competition mainly operates monday to friday. Clearly my target audience are also businesses which mainly operate on a monday to friday. In the world of websites, whilst this matters, any hit rate at all all helps with my Alexa ratings. I try to be novel with my postings and direct my Twitter followers to different pages so as to vary the traffic. I am not even sure if this matters but am again guessing that it does. It makes sense to me to have visitors not just landing on your home page and clicking off again.

My next trick with SEO is to try to increase my links. I don't want to creat a link page that no one reads, rather have links to the businesse that advertise on my site via the classifieds. This is good for both of us as we increase the link density of the web so that the bots or spiders can see us better.

Anyway I am neglecting my Tweets which are clearly working for me. Toodles x

No comments:

Post a Comment