Tuesday, September 7, 2010

A Quick Quickie

YapYapOK Free Classifieds 197k 

We have had some great feedback regarding the look of the new site.  We have also had some feedback, unprompted regarding our Alexa rank.  I assumed that the drop in rank may have been to a change in the algorithm.  Someone pointed out yesterday that the load speed was taking 4 seconds longer than previously.   He pointed out that it was likely to be the reason for the change in rank.  

I have been less worried about Alexa and more concerned about SERP. If your SERP is good then you will get the traffic which should see your Alexa improve anyway.  So far all I can ascertain is that a healthy Alexa rank increases the ad revenue.  Apart from that it does not seem to me to have any other real purpose.

I have not seen any evidence that the link service I used on Fiverr was done.  No temporary drop in SERP or even improvement.  Consequently  I am cynical that this was done at all.  Needless to say that I wont be using this service again.

YapYapOK Free Classifieds - more than just a free ads site

Posted via email from Yap Yap OK. Daily Blog of the UKs superior FREE classified site

No comments:

Post a Comment