Thursday, September 2, 2010

SEO do SEO dont

YapYapOK Free Classifieds 189k   Free UK Classifieds 24k

Off for some development work today.  Facebook comments on the base of every free classifieds will create better SEO as every link is posted on the users wall.  This is also a valuable feedback facility between traders so will enhance the YapYapOK features.

I have reordered from Matrica on Fiverr to spin an article and submit to directories.  The last time I ordered from her I gained in SERP.  I expect to ustilise this service every 4 - 6 weeks.  Matrica does more than expected, and even communicates freely with me to teach me new SEO techniques.  The last email was regarding link wheels and their format.  I am steering away from those, since despites a open wheel I  was Sandboxed until I de linked my wheel.

I shall look to see the results of my SERP soon, although it can take a little while for Google to index them.  

I tried to use some directory software yesterday.  Its quite expensive but there was a free 30 day trial so I thought I'd have a go.  The software was IBS.   I had to use my old PC since the software was not Mac compatible.  

I spent a little while going through the software but whilst it analysed my main keywords for Google Page 1 status  ( which I kinda knew).  I was unable to submit my site to any directories unless I paid the full version.  All the analytic programs are freely available on the web so I could not see why they bothered to give a free trial at all. 

I have got to the point that I will not buy any software which does not provide a usable format in trial form.  They could just reduce the number of submissions per day until a maximum was reached, like Tweet Adder.  I will also not provide credit card details for trial versions that when not cancelled automatically make you a member.

The one con I did fall for was with Airarena.  They promise a trial at 5 dollars.  They guaranteed results of the web marketing system.  I thought what the heck.  Nothing to lose. So I signed up.

The problem is that they take money every month for not the 50 dollars stated but for 70 pounds.  They do not acknowledge emails and when I tried to log back in to cancel my subscription I was not recognised as a customer.  Despite this Airarena PTY Ltd took out the fee the next month.

I had to cancel my card and report them to the Australian internet fraud squad.  They are labelled as as a scam - with other forums reporting similar issues.  This must have beem the one company I did not research before I paid in.  But the 5 dollar fee is what tricked me.

I also found the blog for this company.  It has not been used for a while and comments were disabled, hmmm!

YapYapOK Free Classifieds more than just a Free UK Classifieds site

Posted via email from Yap Yap OK. Daily Blog of the UKs superior FREE classified site

No comments:

Post a Comment