Saturday, September 18, 2010

Rocking!

YapYapOK Free Classifieds 206 k - site speed only

Tomorrow is competition day so we are all geared up again to see what will happen.

We are still lower in SERP as a consequence of site speed, page 3 for both competitive search terms.  No amount of SEO is working since Google implemented penalties to enhance the users experience.  I am currently stuck in a rock and a hard place.   Unbelievably whilst I have been in touch with several companies specializing in this and not one has got in touch.  I expect that these companies have their work cut out since many of us are now in the same boat.  On top of this it is now the weekend so i will expect an influx of replies this week.

Its one thing to ID SEO techniques and implement them.  Its actually not at all difficult, just time consuming.  The problem is with speed issues is that it requires some server knowledge of which I have none.  I am also a little cagey about handing this out as we have a very complex site in a maze of stunningly arranged files which I am vaguely familiar as to the order but hopeless without my developer.  

Therefore I can only outsource this to consumate professionals who really know what they are doing.  It is not an advantage to try and do this without my developer  whilst the competition is advertised in the national press.  So I need to exercise some patience, not my strongest point.

On a positive note, YapYapOK Free Classifieds is enjoying increased positive feed back, not only from advertisers but also from the industry.  Its an ode to a great development team with progressive ideas at the forefront of web technology.  Its humbling to have such talent.  In fact according to one pro, who fed back "Your site rocks, just sort out the load speed and it will be amazing".

Great feed back, and one of very many!

YapYapOK Free Classifieds speeding up the SERP - well hopefully soon!

Posted via email from Yap Yap OK. Daily Blog of the UKs superior FREE classified site

No comments:

Post a Comment