Friday, March 26, 2010

A clever man commits no minor blunders

Happy days.

Today is friday and whilst the YapYapOK ranking is not yet under a million it has jumped up again.  We are now at 1090072.  To be fair, to even sustain our ranking with the issues that we had this week is rather good so maybe before the weekend is up we will see even more improvements.

I will keep you all informed.

A little while ago I reported that we had been the victim of hack attempts.  Fortunately it was in the early days and we were able to raise the security on our site.  I may have mentioned that I am something of a stat nerd too.

So get this, yesterday we had visits from the same server via hidemyass.com  Hidemyass.com clearly does not do as the name suggests as my analytics showed the path from the server to hidemyass and onward to the entry page on the YapYapOK website.  Google analytics did not register the site at all, maybe its still in Beta?  Anyway the long and the short of this are, why try to hide your IP?   Can it really be for reasons that can be deemed honest?

I cannot tell lies, the guilt associated with it makes me go beetroot and its too much of a giveaway.  My voice goes squeeky so I cant do telephone lies either.  I think its an endearing quality and one I am proud of.   I have found that since I am clearly not cut out for deciept it is far easier to be honest and truthful, if you fall out with people along the way at least you can hold your head high.

A wise man once said, "often the hardest thing to do and the right thing to do are the same thing".  I have certainly found this to be true. 

Have a great weekend!

YapYapOK free classified and shop hosting

Posted via email from Yap Yap OK. Daily Blog of the UKs superior FREE classified site

No comments:

Post a Comment