Thursday, March 25, 2010

It’s not cheating unless you get caught.

Twitter has unsuspended my YapYapOK account!

Thank the lord, whilst my rankings had not (yet) suffered I made less of this than I felt.  Utter devastation, It did teach me a good lesson.  No one third party tool can be so valuable again.  Consequently I have tamed my "aggressive" daily follow limits and will not duplicate Tweets in the same day.    I have also looked at Twitter alternatives.  There are no other "microblogs" that can compete with users.  There are however a number of much smaller alternatives.  I already joined Plurck!

I will continue to look at other microblogs over the next few weeks and create accounts to see which works best.  To be fair Twittering or microblogging is a numbers game rather than target marketing.  But it is still free advertising so we will continue to explore as many free social sites to help promote YapYapOK as possible.

The other advantage of a suspended account meant that I took a day off yesterday with the family.  It was actually bank holiday here anyway.  We wnet to look at an old Turkish settlement in the south Troodos mountains South Cyprus.  Actually we found it because my husband took the wrong road to the medievel bridges.  The time we got there it was too late to view but we accidentally stumbled on this instead.

This must be one of the saddest sites I have seen.  The buildings are wrecks, I will post some pics at some point.  Inside there were remains of furniture, cupboards, beds even some clothing.  They had left with what they could carry from their village in the most idyllic setting.  The village probably had about 70 homes, a church stables and taverna.  There were fields of olive trees and almond trees.  Dotted around were figs too.  The surrounding mountains are very green with lots of ceder and pine forests.  Below in the valley was lies the river.

There is much hatred between the Turks and the Cypriots.  The more I learn about the Cyprus Problem the more I see that it is a complex issue which may take years to be resolved, if indeed this ever happens.  Turks have land and property they dont occupy in the South and the Cyps have the same in the North.  Both sides have seen illegal occupation of their property and both sides lost many lives.

I will keep this post brief, I have an enormous amount of work to do on my YapYapOK Twitter account and must pencil in some of the answers on the Riddle page.

YapYapOK free classified and shop hosting
!

Posted via email from Yap Yap OK. Daily Blog of the UKs superior FREE classified site

No comments:

Post a Comment