Monday, March 29, 2010

Winners never quit and quitters never win

I managed a rare but glorious lie in today, still sleepy I thought I'd make the teas and bring them back to bed.  Normally I come here to do my daily blog.  My husband, on the other hand, has no problems with lie ins and managed to open one eye in recognition of the tea and then roll over on to the other side.  Fear of disturbing him has put me right back in front of the computer.

YapYapOK now advertises all classifieds for 90 days, so there is no need to republish your ads for on going stock.  Clearly this is a far better time allowance for property listings and has advantages for shop owners with stock items.  It may however be less necessary to advertise job vacancies or rare items such as Sonic mega collection plus for a gamecube new in a sealed pack. 

My son had the original xbox game but it does not play on the xbox 360, which I think is outrageous.  Originally it was made compatible but Nintendo have changed this to stop the sale of second hand games.

Henry has begged for us to put towards a new game for Easter.  Since the game is for an outdated console, it is incredibly difficult to get new.  I was concerned that a second hand one may be scratched, given the nature of the item.

There were 2 available on Ebay UK.  I bid on one of them an hour before the bid ended and left an automated bidding system in place.  Devastatingly the bids exceeded the price of any new Xbox 360 games.  Not to be put off I searched for a second hand one where maybe the seller checked his items.  I was instantly rewarded by an honest seller who pointed out that this was a little scratched but it played perfectly.  He also honestly pointed out that the game does play on an Xbox 360 but you need the old controls to play it.  We are now very grateful to have been outbid as we would have had a very disapointed 9 year old for Easter. 

I have just been looking at my stats, I love looking at the maps that come up to show where your traffic is coming from.  I have 3 stat programs installed on YapYapOK and these with the system log are invaluable.   I always look at the visitor paths as it shows me where my traffic is from, ie the IP address, any referral sites, such as HMA.com or Stumble or Twitter and even which Tweets were the referrals.  This is a great resource for ascertaining traffic source which further enables you to differentiate the superior socila sites and where effort needs concentrating.

YapYapOK is now 895,836 in Alexa with our biggest jump in traffic coming from the UK where we are now ranked at 160,423.  Next is China and then the US.

More great news is that we have been accepted by one of the better ad agencies who only apply appropriate ad material to relevant pages on the site.  This has a clear advantage for advertisers but also to users of our site, it creates an element of choice.   The admin team had a good look at YapYapOK, saw that we met the required minimum traffic and have given us the go ahead.  So soon you will see ads appearing on all our pages.  This agency also pay larger percentages than any other ad agency we have found, and believe me when I say I have looked.  It would be good to finally have the YapYapOK server paid for.

Here's looking for a profitable start to April where we can continue to pass on the benefits of free advertising to all our users!

YapYapOK free shop hosting and free classified

Posted via email from Yap Yap OK. Daily Blog of the UKs superior FREE classified site

No comments:

Post a Comment