Wednesday, March 24, 2010

It is easier to get forgiveness than permission

I am having to put in some extra man hours today with my blogging, why because my Twitter account has been suspended.

To be fair I have been pushing the limits for a while, however I had expected a warning rather than a suspension.  Also I had read that limits were 1000 to follow and unfollow a day.  I have kept albeit a little under these limits only to find that this is not true.

I love Twitter, as you know.  I blog about it all the time.  I genuinely think that an email letting me know that I am breaching the rules rather than a suspension would have been a more customer friendly approach.  However, I have conceded and sent them a grovelling email acknowledging my guilt and promising to be a good girl from now on.

On a positive note, YapYapOK is still progressing up the rankings.  We are now ranked at 1,156,652 globally.  My target for this week is to get under a million and  it is looking likely.  Unfortunately my obsessing culminated in dreaming about it, when I woke this morning I genuinely thought we were at 957,000.  Imagine my devastation when realisation set in.

Not to be deterred, I have created many inlinks to YapYapOK via every social site.  I also looked at Google Buzz.  genuinely i felt that if Google were going to create a social site it would be great.  If I was in at the start then that could only be an advantage, right?  Wrong.!  Its clunky and difficult to navigate.  I could not even find the privacy settings which would enable me to choose a public profile with which to launch a dedicated Buzz to YapYapOK.

If anyone reading this disagrees, let me know.  I am keen to explore any free media which further positively impacts YapYapOK s ranking.

Meanwhile I shall stick to this and Twitter, no, doh!

YapYapOK free adverts and business listings

Posted via email from Yap Yap OK. Daily Blog of the UKs superior FREE classified site

No comments:

Post a Comment