Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Seventy percent of success in life is showing up


YapYapOK is getting some massive hits. Having been involved in several websites before, it has come as a surprise how easily you can market one with social media.

Of course we have spent some money on marketing, but this is comparatively small. Knowing what I know now, I believe that 4 hrs a day of dedicated online marketing can bring massive growth with any seo friendly website. Clearly I have spent a great deal of time learning my way around the various social media applications. Some I have joined and not really utilised. Others have been a constant tool.

I have also spent a disproportionate amount of time, sat in front of the computer 7 days a week trying to push the YapYapOK site. In my case Twitter was by far the most rewarding. IAdd Imaget was also the most time consuming. Twitter is just a numbers game. the law of probability definitely plays a key part in click through rate. The more followers you have the better your chances. The more proactive Tweeting is also paramount. Clearly then the aim is to create a massive following and combine it with Tweeting 24 hrs a day, remember when the UK sleeps the huge American market wakes up. They are huge Twitterers.

Managing your Twitter account is now so easy. I use Tweet adder and it has been one of my few indulgences in web marketing. There is a free version but I strongly recommend the professional. It starts at $59 for one website, or you can buy a better version for less than $100 which manages 5 sites. There is no penalty for buying the small one and upgrading later.

The free version is so limiting in that it will only Tweet a few times a day, also it automatically deletes the Tweets after posting. The pro system enables you to rotate your Tweets either in the order or randomly. It also searches for followers, deletes followers and automatically messages and replies.

I had a conversation this morning with my good friend Iain. He is fantastic at marketing and has several very successful businesses which rely on the internet. He was having problems targeting his Twitter traffic. I told him that whilst un-targeted traffic did not bring business, it did drive him up the ranks which in turn gives his site more exposure to his target market.

I too had to come to terms with this. However the ranking continues to climb and I am at last getting more of my target market which is resulting in lots of new adverts.

Since the YapYapOK site hosts classifieds and shops allowing for huge numbers of keywords. We have a huge number of keywords that are created with every advert. The more designer these words are, the more likely that the site comes up with the keywords. Alas also the more competition. However what also happens is that because of the massive range of products, our site comes up more and more with the results. The search engines recognise that the YapYapOK site comes up more than say a more specific site and pushes us up even higher.

Some ads that are coming up in the keywords are Christian Louboutin Shoes, Stone house Cyprus, Old stone house Paphos, Zoppini, John Hine, Mokabista and bizarrely my name.

Posted via email from Yap Yap OK. Daily Blog of the UKs superior FREE classified site

No comments:

Post a Comment