Friday, July 23, 2010

Captcha, ARRRGGGHHH!

YapYapOK Free UK Classifieds 174k Free Ads UK 27k

The YapYapOK Free Ads has reached a steady position in Alexa so we need to increase our traffic.

Increasing the Free Ads UK page rank will undoubtedly be the best thing I can do to increase my SERP and increase the visibility of the YapYapOK Free Ads site.

Creating more links to our Free UK Classifieds will be the best way to achieve a higher page rank with Google.  So I have been doing a fair bit of directory submissions.  The only problem is, even with semi automated sites is that they still use captcha.  I hate captcha with a passion.  I cannot emphasise enough how often I will click off a site because of it.  Sadly when I need the services of a directory for my Free Ads links I would be silly let captcha stop me.

Its hard enough when the letters are mangled and twisted together, what really bothers me is the fact that they use letters that are the same when capitalised but the code is case sensitive.  The worst sites to I have found have actually deleted all the information on whatever form I have just painstakingly filled in once I have submitted the wrong captcha code.  Needless to say I click off.

I find it hysterical that captcha often comes with a little question, "Are you human?".  My answer to that would be, "I'm only human!"

I read an article that was headed, "Is captcha killing your business?" 

There has to be either a better way or why not employ case insensitive captcha, I have seen it many times.  Google have implemeted it on their Adwords tools!

If at any time it becomes necessary to employ captcha in our registration, I vow to ensure that it is non case sensitive!

YapYapOK Free Ads - The Free UK Classifieds who put humans first!

Posted via email from Yap Yap OK. Daily Blog of the UKs superior FREE classified site

No comments:

Post a Comment