Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Competitive Edge!

YapYapOK Free UK Classifieds Alexa 177k Free Ads UK 22k

Competition on the internet is very heavy.  If you enter UK Free Classifieds as a search term into Google, results show that there are 30,700,000 of them.  YapYapOK will now be on page 3 or 4 with this search term.

If you enter Free Ads UK you will see that this number is up by a third delivering 45,100,000, this is a fairly new key word that we have implemented with anchor text but we are already on page 7 or 8.  Now put in Free Ads and Google delivers an astounding 133,000,000.  I got to page 50 before I gave in looking.

I have not utilised this key term as its so competitive.  Once we are better placed with the others I will turn my attention to it.  At the moment we are not actively marketing outside of the UK & I would prefer a more targeted audience at this juncture.

The good news in web marketing is that about 90% of web sites do little or no web marketing (including SEO), just as well since there Google recognizes over 3 trillion urls.  To compete with the remaining 10% can be very difficult but not impossible.  Free UK Classifieds sites have the advantage of lots of meta data due to the variety of products on the site.  However to compete against existing sites with much more data is a mammoth task. 


Remember to  compete with sites within specific keywords, one at a time.  Work with one of the lesser competitive phrases to start, becareful about being too specific, you may get on page one but that is pointless if no one is utilising that keyterm.  We are on page one for Free Classifieds and shop hosting, why?  Because that's unique to us.  Alas no one ever searches for it.  Fortunately I did my research and never tries to market with this associative text.

This is also the reason why so many SEO experts claim to get you on the first page of Google, they will work on minority specifics possibly combined with other key words and hey presto get you on Page One within a week, truely, we can all do that

Since I am always up for a challenge then I will continue my quest, I am looking for that Google Page one spot with a more generic term. 

Wish me luck, better still register place an ad and start selling!

YapYapOK Free UK Classifieds - so much more than just a Free Ads UK site!

Posted via email from Yap Yap OK. Daily Blog of the UKs superior FREE classified site

No comments:

Post a Comment