Sunday, July 18, 2010

Spamdexing, meta spam, ugly spam, spam sandwich

YapYapOK Free Ads 176k Free ads UK 27k

In my quest for page 1 ranking I have been a little concerned that maybe some of my methods are crossing the spam barrier.  I dont want all the hard work to be in vain so I re read up.

A recent article suggests that the most important thing in SEO is key word rich anchor text.  For the YapYapOK Free Ads site they are words that best describe what the site does, ie free UK Classifieds.  Click these links and hey ho you are lead to the YapYapOK Free Ads UK page.

We have created a relationship between the site and the description of the site with the text.   Did we spam?  There are 3 links in just a short paragraph.   First see if it reads, if it reads like rubbish this is ugly spam.  If it makes sense then chances are its fine.

A common mistake with links is meta spam, this is a poor description of a website linked to the site.  How often do you see click here?  Not even in the interest of illustrating will the YapYapOK Free Ads site be linked and referenced as a click here.

Spamdexing or search engine spam is generally using repeated unrelated phrases as content to manipulate the relevency in search engine results.

A spam sandwich?  All of the above!


I can confidently go about my day writing all my (very) long articles each with its own keyword. Each relevent to the Free Ads site and each unique, well I dont want to be penalised for duplication do I???!!!

YapYapOK Free Ads - so much more than just a Free Classifieds site

Posted via email from Yap Yap OK. Daily Blog of the UKs superior FREE classified site

No comments:

Post a Comment