Thursday, July 1, 2010

Exactly How Many?

YapYapOK UK Free Classifieds 207k UK Free Ads 14k

Our UK Free Classifieds rank is back in the game with Alexa, which is once again updating daily

I have in the past extolled the virtues of Exactseek.  Allow me to change my mind.  There hits are no longer registering on my stats, according to their hit counter I am averaging 36 hits per hour on this alone.  My stats say that this is more like 5. 

I emailed them to ask why my stats had stopped recording all the hits, they replied that it was down to the software I was using to measure it, but that their results are accurate.

I had read a blog by someone who claimed that ExactSeek were using bots.  I dont know how true this is.  I do know that when I put one of my key terms in the search, my site comes up, but I doubt its getting the clicks from genuine browsers.  I was getting huge traffic from some key terms which suddenly  overnight stopped performing.  Several unrelated key words stopped performing at the same time.

I had a good day yesterday, not just in terms of the work  achieved on the UK Free Classified site but also because my printer is now working with my PC.

I had an error occurring which said that the USB was not recognised.  I had spent a disproportionate amount of time trying to sort this out.  Finally I found a blog which reported this to have been a microsoft error during an upgrade.  Simply unplug (not switch off) your computer.  Plug in after a few minutes and then put the USB back in.  So simple!

I have much to do today if I am going to get the UK Free Classifieds further up the ranks, first I will try some more keyword optimisation and see if I can get some real traffic!

YapYapOK UK Free Classifieds - so much more than just a Free Ad site

Posted via email from Yap Yap OK. Daily Blog of the UKs superior FREE classified site

No comments:

Post a Comment