Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Using Scribd To Get Googled

YapYapOK Free UK Classifieds 175k  Free Ads UK 27k

One of the tools that I have been using is semi automatic submission sites.  Whilst they have been an invaluable tool they are not without glitches.

I have had issues with loading and in my frustration resorted to more Google searches for more sites.  Therin lies the rub.  Many of these are template sites with the same directories and the same glitches.  I have visited many and so far found a variety of 3.  I even joined 2 similar looking ones in the hope that they had different directories , they dont.

To date my favourites remain, Submitlinx and SubmitterBot.  I shall continue investigating others and report back.

Another tool I have been using is Scribd.  Scribd is unlike article sites in that you can publish what you want without authorisation.  Its "policed" by the users who can report you for spam.  One of the advantages of Scribd is that it allows you to publish private documents, thereby creating links with relevant content, as Google looks for related words within the context of an article, resulting in one way links to your site. 

I genuinely believe that I can attribute the sudden exposure to my site on Google.  fair enough we are not on page 1 yet but my keywords are very non specific, ie Free UK Classifieds.  Still languishing on page 3 although Free Ads UK has crept up a page from 4 to 3 and Free Ads has gone from beyond 50 to 15  then to 10 to 9 in less than 1 week.

In addition to the Scribd I have been updating content to support my anchor text where possible.

YapYapOK Free UK Classifieds - much more than just a Free Ads site.

Posted via email from Yap Yap OK. Daily Blog of the UKs superior FREE classified site

No comments:

Post a Comment