Friday, June 4, 2010

Google VS Bing

YapYapOK Free UK Classifieds 266k Free Ads UK 19k

I now have 2 months Free Classifieds Bing ad campaign.  Its all gone without a hitch, has fetched in good traffic, was a doddle to do and good value.  Several days in and many hours more, my Google Ad campaign is far less successful.  I cant actually call it expensive as its barely touched my budget.

Google do have a good analyzer where you input the campaign name and voila, it tells you why you are not getting click throughs or what ever else.  For me apparently my location was set too small.

Hmm, I had expected the UK to be a reasonable size.  Its not as if we are a nation of technophiles.  Far from it.  The UK is one of the biggest internet users per capita than anywhere else in the world.

Its not even as if we have an obscure website.  Free Classifieds are amongst the most well ranked in  the UK.  There is a massive keyword range that also fits in, we have over 50 different variations of Free Classifieds including branded Free Ad sites.  It even tells you when one keyword is rarely searched for.  I have only one.

The good news is that I did not prepay for my campaign, rather pay as you go which costs the same per click but it is drawn from your payment system as and when.  There was however a $5 set up charge so I will stick with it a little longer to make it worthwhile.

My patience is running thin so I may end up showing more loyalty to Bing.  After all Bing is headache free!

YapYapOK Free Classifieds - so much more than just a free ad site

Posted via email from Yap Yap OK. Daily Blog of the UKs superior FREE classified site

No comments:

Post a Comment