Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Off Topic - Swimming Gala

YapYapOK Free Classifieds Alexa 210k UK Free Ads 11k

I am writing my Free Classifieds blog bright and early having been unable to sleep for the past hour or so.  I hate to see waking hours not properly utilised and I have a short day as  today is my sons swimming gala.

He is incredibly sporty having inherited an expressive throwback gene since neither myself or his father show any athletic tendency what so ever.  Latterly we have taken up tennis with the sole intention being that if we didn't we would lose him to sport and never see him at all.  He is almost obsessive about tennis and has such an amazing coach who generally thinks that Henry is some kind of prodigy.  So much so in fact that he is now giving free coaching and has provided him with tennis trainers ( the recent ones we bought, despite being Nike and sold as such by the attendant are not right).  He has also given professional rackets since Henrys although  expensive and sold to us by an academy has too wide a handle which will induce RSI.

Henry is used to winning every sport event.  Sports day was a clean sweep and he champions at tennis in competition too.  Today he assures me that he wont win at backstroke as he cant get any kind of technique.  He will win breaststroke easily and crawl will be hard.  He is up against twins who have had pro training whilst he has not had any. 

It never occurred to me how much importance was placed on these events.  As a non competer myself, although I did always win the skipping race, I never actually cared.  Clearly his self motivation is admirable, but I do worry that he puts too much pressure on himself.  He has taken to doing 100 sit ups every day and he is only 9.

So today i will only acheive small amounts of SEO on the YapYapOK Free Classifieds site.  Hope fully it will be enough to push us a little further up the ranks, if not I will have to burn some of that midnight oil.  Hmmm might be a clue as to where Henry gets the his self motivation from after all!

YapYapOK Free Classifieds - more than just a Free Ad site

Posted via email from Yap Yap OK. Daily Blog of the UKs superior FREE classified site

No comments:

Post a Comment