Saturday, June 12, 2010

Quantity Vs Quality

YapYapOK Free Classifieds global rank 239k      UK Free Ads 14k


Today Ning ranks at 131 in the world.  Surely then this must be a great place for back links, after all links from well ranked sites are more important to lesser ranked sites. at least in the eyes of Google.  What has come of something as a surprise is that my Ning page is ranked badly, as in barely ranking at all at 27 million.    Therefore all the back links I have placed in Ning are probably close to worthless.  Certainly the blogs have been lacking in quality since I have been spamming it with Free Ad links since they announced they would be scrapping the free service.

Clearly if you are going to promote a blog or social page it is better to do so with a site which does not drop in ranking for your specific blog page.  MySpace for example ranks today at 22 in the world, as does my blog page within MySpace.  Every page within the YapYapOK Free Classifieds site is also ranked the same.

This is clearly to do with the construction of the website although I have no idea which part it relates to.  What surprises me is that if you are going to take the time to promote a blog then why do it on Ning at all, even whilst its free.

Yes it took me a long time to realise, I could have dedicated my time to serving better quality blogs rather than spamming free classified ones across the social media.  I am certain that Ning has strengths that I have not discovered.  Maybe as an MLM tool it has value.  My experience of users promoting MLM is that they dont like paying for it.  They prefer to spam email boxes and facebook sites and other such free networking sites, particularly Twitter.

The other topic I wanted to discuss was quality vs quantity blogging.  Clearly if you are promoting a blog then quality is obligatory, certainly if you want any kind of readership.  What about blogs promoting websites though?  Since I am using well ranked blog hosting sites I have no real need at present to push my blog.  Its already well ranked and I tend to do it for back links. I do not monitise my blog and my readership is low.

This spamming of backlinks for free classifieds has certainly helped my Alexa rankings.  As time goes on I will be looking to provide more thoughtful blogs with quality rather than quantity.

Sorry serious blog with nothing light hearted.

YapYapOK Free Classifieds - more than just a free ad site

Posted via email from Yap Yap OK. Daily Blog of the UKs superior FREE classified site

No comments:

Post a Comment