Sunday, May 30, 2010

Directory Submissions

YapYapOK Free UK Classifieds 293k global Alexa UK FREE ADS 25k

My new tool to promote the Free Classified site is directory submission. I have used a well ranked SEO company to do this for me and for very little money they submit 100 directory submissions under the classification I choose, ie free classifieds.  I also do a short description which is transposed across all the directories.

Sounds fine, except they have, in their wisdom taken the title YapYapOK and put gaps in so that it is now Yap Yap OK.  In effect its a mispell.  I am not sure how significant this will be as we are recognised as the mispel by Google ( such is the way search engines work) however it may not work as well as it could do.

Fortunately another very new, but incredibly well ranked company will do 3000 directory submissions for us for $19.99.  Apart from the obvious exposure, we are also getting a massive number of back links which must enhance our rank.  On top of that they will also write articles for only $5 each.  Bulk discounts are available.

This company went from launch to an Alexa ranking of under 100k in 44 days, so clearly they know what they are doing.  It may be considered risky using an SEO company where English is not there first language to write articles.  Their website suggests other wise.  There blogs and informative content is grammatically perfect and makes easy reading for a technical subject, ie website SEO.  Unlike my own!

I have decided to use their services and see how we do before I do any recommends.  So watch this space.

With these new SEO methods implemented I am hoping to push the FREE CLASSIFIEDS easily up the next 100k ranks.  Maybe this is optimistic on my part.  Optimism has not let me down yet.  I have also decided to start a Google Ad campaign.  I am a little wary as I have had past experience of these.  Its not as user friendly as Bing, its more expensive and its easy to break the rules which results in suspension of your Google ads account.  I will continue the one with Bing as it bought a great number of visitors in and is still a huge market.  I will this time be a little more careful over the keywords I use.  I wonder how popular Free Classifieds is against FREE UK Classifieds, or maybe Free ads, or will I do better with adverts. I can feel a headache coming on.

A fresh set of eyes needed for my keyword analysis, and today is Sunday.

YapYapOK Free Classifieds - more than just a free ad site

Posted via email from Yap Yap OK. Daily Blog of the UKs superior FREE classified site

No comments:

Post a Comment