Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The only people with whom you should try to get even are those who have helped you.

The problem with rushing is that you can often omit the finer details.  Consequently the Alexa score of the best UK Classifieds site was noticeably absent yesterday.  For that I apologize.

YapYapOK  Free Classifieds global Alexa rank 345,897 UK rank for "The" UK Free Classifieds 27k

I am a little overwhelmed with a backlog of work at the moment.  My mum & my brother left yesterday after 2 weeks visiting.  it was lovely to have them but the after affects of treading water rather than attacking my escalating work load, means that I have fallen very short of my targets.  Additionally I am exhausted, I cant very leave my husband to cook for them as he does on occasions here.  So cooking was twice the work as was lunch ( I didn't know people still did lunch).  My brother has an enormous appetite.  There is never any left overs despite ample on the table.  My husband eats far less preferring to go back later for cold bites.  Since there was none he has managed to lose a few pounds.  So for that I am grateful.

I am also grateful for the time a& effort my brother took in doing one of the jobs on the site that he will continue to do when he gets back.  So this will more than make up for my time lost.  Updating site content is great for google, keyword and has great effects on my rankings.  So my small time issue now will mean that we progress because of his input.

This morning I did not know where to start, ironing the bedding that I washed yesterday, hanging out the towels, starting the dinner or blogging.  I also have quite a lot of work on the site which has gone neglected as well as more keyword analysis.  I have only seen the developer once in a fortnight instead of the usual twice a week. So its time to get busy again & catch up.

My son has very much enjoyed having his family over, he is left a little subdued now they have left.  He adores all his family and misses them not being on the doorstep.  So if your reading this, Henry says hi, we hope you had a good journey back and we will see you very soon!

Our UK FREE Ads global alexa rank has been steadily getting better but our FREE Classifieds UK rank has dropped a little.  I am waiting for some global yoyo-ing before we make any further dents in the budget.  Progress is getting slower but I am hoping to get under the 200k before this happens.  Since I have no previous SEO experience then I am unsure how realistic this is. 

I need to update my scribd account as I have found this to be an excellent SEO tool for anchor text links.  Until tomorrow.....

YapYapOK FREE CLASSIFIEDS - more than just FREE ADS

Posted via email from Yap Yap OK. Daily Blog of the UKs superior FREE classified site

No comments:

Post a Comment