Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Ten out of Ten

YapYapOK Free UK Classifieds Global Alexa rank 406,869, UK rank 26k

I am off topic yet topical today so please forgive my blatant anchor text for the UK free classifieds.  I am waiting for Alexa ( again I insist its like waiting for the results of a general election ...... every day) for our UK Free Ad site

Yesterday saw the arrival of David Cameron at 10 Downing Street.  We commented how happy the Queen looked during the pomp and handover.  I dont envy him his job.  Its clearly going to be tough getting the country in any kind of economic strong hold having had all assets sold by the previous government.

Couple this with the tax break he has allowed as a compromise for the lower earners then this is going to be tough.  I am absolutely for having a higher tax threshold.  I just dont think the country can afford it at the moment.  The tax breaks need to go to the higher income tax bracket to encourage all the ones who left back into the country and get some money back into the country.  I know how that sounds.  I have never been in the higher tax bracket, but I did have a shop where we relied on the liquidity.

When the money stops coming in to support the retail, building or indeed any industry then we are all doomed.  In my shop when the money stopped coming I was unable to support staff thus compounding the economic problem.  The set minimum wage also meant that even getting a little help was no longer viable.

Far from being isolated, I knew from our reps that they had lost many of their customers and their own companies were having to lay off staff.  More unemployed or low income families were having to be supported with the only real benefits being the work shy who have no intention of ever working.  So tax goes up, a mass exodus results and there is no money left to share or support.

Luckily Nick Clegg does not believe in supporting those who wont work.  If they dont work when they are able then stop supporting them.  David Camerons speech outside number 10 seemed to reinforce this.  He stated that the UK needed to pull together ( that's the unions out then - BA staff are in for a shock), that we needed to build a more responsible society whilst maintaining support for those in need.

There have been many compromises on both parts in order to satisfy pressing policies.  Nick Clegg has agreed to drop his "mansion tax" and David Cameron has agreed to wait before raising the inheritance tax threshold. 


I have looked though the compromises reported in the news and I do feel that this could be indicative of a good strong government.  I am surprised by just how much I lean to the Tory policies.  I think that David Cameron is well intentioned, genuine and a humanitarian.  I hope that he is given the opportunity to rescue the country I love, its not going to be an easy 5 years for anyone, and we need to see more transparency in government and know why they impose policy changes so that the country gives them the time it needs to create a stronger more affluent society where we can all benefit!


Good luck David, and by the way if it doesn't work out between you and Samantha .......

YapYapOK UK Free Ads the best free classifieds.

Posted via email from Yap Yap OK. Daily Blog of the UKs superior FREE classified site

No comments:

Post a Comment