Thursday, May 13, 2010

Male Contraception - about time!

YapYapOK UK FREE Classifieds Global ranking 395,701  UK free ads 25k

Yes I am doing a little dance to celebrate.  We have done amazingly well having gone from 23million to under 400k in just a few months.  The ultimate is to go below 50k but I will be very happy with an Alexa rank of under 100k now.  Gone are the days of climbing 50k a day. its getting increasingly difficult to achieve a climb of a few thousand.  Having said that at least this FREE Classifieds is going in the right direction.

A couple of days ago there was an announcement of male contraception by ultra sound.  This is completely reversible, painless and non invasive.

As the mother of a son, I could not be happier to hear about this cutting edge technology.  It puts choice in the male arena.  Surely for girls too this must be a huge relief.  I am still convinced that years of articially taking hormones has left my body unwilling to produce normal amounts of progesterone which has left me with a sleep disorder.  I also think it is the reason for higher incidence of early menopause.

In my ideal, all girls will be vaccinated against rubella at 13.  All 13 year old boys will be sterile with ultrasound.  Only when they choose to have a child, hopefully in a responsible adult relationship, then they can have the procedure reversed.

Imagine the impact of reducing teenage pregnancies and multi father families.  Consider how this will create a healthier social system, not to mention freeing up the benefit system to care for those that need it.

In my world this will have massive implications reducing child poverty across the globe.  Yes I know that its still early, who knows what the repercussions will be. Is it really safe, and is it reversible for everyone.

In my world, by the time my son is 14 ( that gives them 5 years), it will be a tried and tested success and mandatory.  After all its not as if they can afford to support any little accidents, no matter how delightful they may be!


YapYapOK Free UK Classifieds, The nations best FREE ADS

Posted via email from Yap Yap OK. Daily Blog of the UKs superior FREE classified site

No comments:

Post a Comment