Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Back 2 Basics

YapYapOK Free Classifieds Alexa 179k Free UK Classifieds 20k

A little unsure why our Alexa is only vaguely fluctuating as opposed to climbing since we are having record traffic just now.  Even on an aggregate over 3 months we are still considerably up.

However I am not getting caught up in Alexa as its SERP which is more important.  The new rollout has lead to a drop in SERP, we were told to expect it but it is nethertheless disappointing.  I am unsure if Google will put us back up in the next few days or if I need to do more work.  The good news is that having managed Page 1 placement I know just what to do.  I wont leave it to chance and will continue with my anchor text links in directories as well as social bookmarking.

I made a few changes to the source meta data & now need to go back to basics to ensure that I have stuck within the recommended guidelines for characters.  This could end up as a quick fix but lets see.

I am unhappy with ExactSeek now.  There results do not correlate with mine & I am going to tweak my keywords for better relevence rather than resulting numbers.  Since it now accounts for relatively small traffic there is no point in trying to optimise with irrelevent tags.

YapYapOK Free Classifieds an altogether classier Free Ads

Posted via email from Yap Yap OK. Daily Blog of the UKs superior FREE classified site

No comments:

Post a Comment