Thursday, August 26, 2010

De Link The Wheel

YapYapOK Free Classifieds 180k Free UK Classifieds 24k

We are back on page 1 Google UK.  Free Classifieds is placement 9 and Free UK Classifieds is occupying position 7.

I can only attribute link wheels to the SERP drop.

When the SERP dropped over a week ago, I disabled all my links in the wheel instinctively.  After I identified the meta data error and addressed it, I made the assumption that this was the issue.  I did not wait a few days as I should have to see if my SERP would improve.  I immediately relinked my wheel.  My SERP went to page 3 probably because of the meta data the next day.  The day after the site was sandboxed.

I have remarked on the issues I have about pointing to sites with anchor texts relevant to the money site pointing to other sites then in turn pointing to the hub.  It seems wholly contrived and unnatural.  My gut instinct told me not to do it.  So 2 days ago I set about re removing the links of the wheel.  Only the unnatural ones eg Free Classifieds pointing to Squidoo etc.  The ones that were pointing to the hub with relevance I kept in.

The only thing that I changed twice were link wheels.  I twice dropped and twice recovered after de linking.  I have not paid for link farms or had created any more or less links than I had previously.

I have read that link wheels have the capacity to take sites to the number 1 place in Google within hours.  I cannot see this as it takes a little longer than that for the links to be indexed even with Google Caffeine.

My experience with link wheels is not a good one, maybe there are other reasons for our drop in SERP.  Personally I will not waste another moment on them.

YapYapOK Free UK Classifieds - giving up on link wheels

Posted via email from Yap Yap OK. Daily Blog of the UKs superior FREE classified site

No comments:

Post a Comment