Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Keywords for linkwheels

YapYapOK Free Classifieds Alexa 179k Free UK Classifieds 20k

Excellent news we are back on Page 1 Google UK. Now placing 6th with Free UK Classifieds & 7th with Free Classifieds. The top 3 places are known to get the most traffic & I have no doubt that we will attain this considering how quickly we have achieved front page placement.

All the other sites coming up within the first 25 positions are well established & fairly well known. To compete with the big boys with highly competitive keywords suggests that we are ding alot right.

One thing I was doing wrong was my link wheels. It had bothered me as there was something not quite gelling with the set up. I had, as suggested leave an open wheel. Links are random no pattern , no recipricols.

I had Googled this - but until yesterday I had not been able to identify exactly what I needed to do. The keywords that you use must be the same for your site, eg free classifieds as they are to your Hubpage, Squidoo etc. There fore, whilst it seems a little odd, I would write read the YapYapOK Squidoo lens. The anchor text is yours but the link is to the lens on Squidoo.

I now have 14 sites on my link wheel. Many of which require editing. I went through some yesterday & its my priority to finish it this morning. Just as a well built link wheel is good SEO, a badly built one is very poor.

So get the keywords right, keep an open wheel, randomly put it together looking as least like a wheel as possible.

To date the sites that we have utilised in the wheel are:-
Hubpages, Knol, Squidoo, Blogger, facebook, Scribd, Proppeller, Webnode, Weebly, Twitter, Blinkweb, Devhub, Terapad & YapyapOK Free Classifieds at the hub.

I think that we have blogged link wheels sufficiently now. I will continue to add sites to the wheel over time as well as edit and add to the ones I have got.

YapYapOK Free Classifieds - the classiest Free Ads back on Page 1

I have edited this blog following a drop in SERP to only contain anchor text keywords to the YapYapOK Free Classifieds

Posted via email from Yap Yap OK. Daily Blog of the UKs superior FREE classified site

No comments:

Post a Comment