Saturday, August 14, 2010

The Human Touch!

YapYapOK Free Classifieds Alexa still unchanged 177k Free UK Classifieds 25k

Its Saturday so this is off topic.

Recent events have had massive impacts particularly with entrepreneurs who have invested in whatever businesses.  I have many friends who have pushed themselves to the financial limit only to have found the last couple of years a real struggle.  Whats is so sad is how they have been judged for their business failings, often by those too wary to do it themselves.  These people also seem semi gleeful having played a safe game with all their assets in the bank.

A very good friend of ours who we have only known for the last 3 years has gone from having cash at his finger tips to a loss of more than half a million pounds in a business that could not survive the crisis.  This same friend is the first person to help anyone who needs it.  I am not sure I have met someone with so much integrity.  He is so well respected that mentioning his name seems to open many doors.

We struggling entrepeneurs lean on each other and I have found that this incredible support is what is sorting the wheat from the chaff.  The "I told you so's" is unhelpful and patronising, often coming from the ignorant who have been waiting to see you fall.

This is why I have been humbled by the "wheat".
 I have always been a sucker for a sob story & I believe in karma.  It never occurs to me not to help others when I am in a position to do so.  My husband recently got involved in selling for a distributor also a great friend who was a little down on luck.  This friend has been especially good to us - so as a favour, my husband started knocking on retailers to try to create some interest.   He was successful in getting in 4 outlets within a few days as well as having a meeting with a friend of the guy I mentioned in the earlier.

My husband mentioned that this was a favor with no wages to be taken whilst the distributor got back to a strong position.  The guy replied that since he was a friend of a friend, he could now consider that they were now friends and as such would ensure a large order without taking any profit to help the distributor that he does not even know.

It is all to often true that those most willing to help are the ones with the least to give.  Maybe its because they can personally empathise, having hit rough times too.  Those with the most cling on tightly to it. 

I am very lucky, I have a wonderful circle of support around me, particularly with my mother, my brother & a couple of amazing friends who have pulled out all the stops to ensure our success.  That support has helped us get through very rough times.  Fortunately we are on the up, soon we will be able to support those that need it. 

Now what did I say about karma?

YapYapOK Free Classifieds - the Free Ads with humility!

Posted via email from Yap Yap OK. Daily Blog of the UKs superior FREE classified site

No comments:

Post a Comment