Saturday, August 21, 2010

Linking Strategy

YapYapOK Free Classifieds Alexa 178k Free UK Classifieds 22k

I am waiting for Google to re-spider & acknowledge that I have changed the meta data error that saw the site drop in SERP for our keywords.  I am trying to remember how long it took from the original change to the drop & I think it was about 6 days.  the meta data was only remedied 2 days ago.  I pinged the url to try to hurry it along.

Meanwhile I am continuing with backlinks & anchor text.  I was going to join Linksero.  Its an automated link building system using three way linking.  Since the links do not reciprocate and they are only 6 each day, it appears to be a perfectly normal linking strategy in the eyes of the search engines.

Its necessary to have a developer on hand prior to signing up, you need to create a partner page & there are a couple of bits of code that you need to put in.  Its  totally free & relies on website owners signing up.  If you remove your partner page you are removed from the link system.  Theoretically this sounds great.  I was signing on the dotted line and had just had a partner page created untill...

....I dropped SERP.  I began to look long and hard at linking strategy.  I read that linking to sites high in PR are beneficial to your SERP.  According to numerous text that I read, PR plays a part in SERP.  Therefore higher PR sites will in most cases have a better SERP.  By linking to high PR, you can bring your own PR up.  Equally by linking to low PR sites, you effectively dilute your PR.

Linkserp publish the PR of their sites.  70% of them are PR0.  YapYapOK Free Classifieds is PR1 & with the linking strategy that we have, we fully expect it to go up to a 2 soon.  By linking heavily to low PR sites I may well dilute the one I have.    Consequently I have decided that it is better to control the links on a smaller scale.  I dont have any need to do them myself.  There are many gigs on Fiverr where I can spend $15 per month and satisfy most of my SEO.   This will pay for high PR backlinks.  Currently I am having 50 done manually with sites ranging from PR3- PR7. Also Social Bookmarking once a month, and other directory submissions.

This frees my time to do more link wheel work & articles, yes I had one spun the quality is really poor, most don't make sense.  Apart from content updates this pretty much sums up the SEO that the Free Classifieds requires now on a regular basis.

YapYapOK Free Classifieds - More than just a Free Ads site

Posted via email from Yap Yap OK. Daily Blog of the UKs superior FREE classified site

No comments:

Post a Comment