Sunday, August 1, 2010

Keyword Identity - Google

YapYapOK Free Classifieds 178k Free UK Classifieds 26k

I have been looking at competitor SERP with specific keywords.  A couple of the independent but well established known sites are working on only one keyword, Free Ads which yeilds 1,000,000 search terms on Google each month.  This is the most competitive keyword in our web genre.  Consequently there is little need to exploit the other lesser terms as they are getting significant traffic with this alone.

Whilst we are still positioned on page 1, the search term is less competitive with few searches.  It was necessary to experiment with a low search term since its success would suggest my SEO was right.  A failing search on a harder word would have meant that I would not be able to assess what I had been doing.  Particularly since Free Ads is now pushing us back to page 10.  Free Classifieds however is not only an excellent keyword for us to work on whilst we are still realtively new, it is also well searched (450,000 a month on Google)  and a page 1 position would guarantee traffic of thousands every day through Google for this keyword alone.  Currently we are placed on page 3 and only need to push it 12 places to achieve page 1 status

All I need to do is replicate what I have done so far, but with the new keyword.  Not as easy as you may think.  Many of the directories will not allow another submission so quickly nor will many of the social bookmarking sites.

So I am off to discover what other tools I can use to increase my links, white hat of course for my new main keyword Free Classifieds.

YapYapOK Free Classifieds - more than just a free ads!

Posted via email from Yap Yap OK. Daily Blog of the UKs superior FREE classified site

No comments:

Post a Comment