Monday, August 23, 2010

Links & The Sandbox Effect

YapYapOK Free Classifieds  179k Free UK Classifieds 22k

I have been reading up on links, links farms & the Google sandbox.
Google banns sites which use blackhat methods for manipulating the SERP.  You can tell if Google Sandboxed by your change in SERP.  If you rank on on for example the 40th page of the search results for a well optimised website for dream keywords then according to an entry on the digital point forum you have been Sandboxed.

According to many forum discussion groups one of the way to get Sandboxed is to create too many links at once, pay link farms or to have another unusual linking strategy.  The problem with this of course is that you have no control over your links.  Any malicious competitor can simple create thousands of one way links in one  to sand box your site.  Its easy and its inexpensive.  Consequently there is a lot of debate as to weather or not the Sandbox actually exists. 

Having read as much as I have read on links, SEO & the Google Sandbox, I cant say if one way or another if the Sandbox exists, but I am fairly certain that if it, an excessive linking strategy will not result in the Sandboxed effect.  I am a little concerned about the link wheels as this is a little different.  This creates unnatural keywords to point to sites with links to the hub site.  Couple this with the fact that my site has dropped SERP, I have to say that this is my prime suspect.  My last drop in SERP I took away some links in my link wheels.  After the metad data error I replaced them I have been working on them up until yesterday.  Today my site has dropped again.

This could be that the links are being indexed and during any SEO work, the sites drop back then climb past the original position.  Because of that I will not be too hasty and wait it out a day or two.

If after 2 dyas there is no improvement then I will remove the links and report back.

YapYapOK Free Classifieds the classiest Free Ads

Posted via email from Yap Yap OK. Daily Blog of the UKs superior FREE classified site

No comments:

Post a Comment