Monday, April 5, 2010

A brief look at rank.

YapYapOK update

Alexa global ranking is 800,158  UK ranking is 140,000.  We are 750,000 from our goal.   YapYapOK now has 3800 Twitter followers.  I could get more but fear that I will suffer permanent suspension if I do.  Since all ads go tp Tweet and often end up in relevant  feeds on relevant websites that would be a real blow.

The YapYapOK riddles forum is proving to be very popular and we are getting some great hits on that now.  We put a lot out to Twitter and the click through rate is gratifying.  Granted its a bit of a cheat to get the hit rate up but we did not want to suffer on hits over the bank holiday when fewer people would be uploading products. 

Currently we are cheating our way up through the rankings.  Our hit rate is helped along very nicely through Twitter but we do not have enough traffic to warrant such a great jump.  There are variuos other tricks I am using which also seem to be working, I have yet to reveal these as they are a little out of my control and I am a little low on participation particularly since I cant very well reveal it on Facebook.

The advantage to having a good ranking is that our site now comes up organically through the search engines.  Usually when someone enters a search term for one of our ads.  Clearly the more ads we get - the more search terms and the more traffic.

I am off for a YapYapOK meeting to discuss further improvements to the site.  I played a little tennis yesterday so meetings is probably all I am good for.

YapYapOK free Classified and shop hosting

Posted via email from Yap Yap OK. Daily Blog of the UKs superior FREE classified site

No comments:

Post a Comment