Thursday, April 29, 2010

A series of fortunate events

YapYapOK Free Ads Alexa global ranking 498,520.  UK Rank 33K

So we expected great things, & great things we got.  I think that this concludes a positive result for the power of visualisation.  My goal is to reach 350k by the 2nd May.

Its odd that yesterday we had no movement in Alexa & that definately lead to a lack of motivation.  I was too easily distracted and ended up doing chores such as driving to the pharmacy, cooking the dinner, doing as opposed to helping with the homework( I find it quicker) and clearing the ironing.  A postive move in rankings is conducive to high productivity, its my inspiration to research and my motivation to succeed.

Yesterday I was distracted not just by chores but also by Scribd, have I mentioned how much I love it?  Instead of my normal SEO research, I ended up searching for controversial articles including "awakening your clairvoyance" & "Life power, & how to use it".  I posted a recipe from the Free Ad forum with a couple of in bound links so to alleviate any guilt I was feeling on such a non productive day.  Well apparently not so non productive at all.

To date ( I joined 7 days ago) I have published 6 articles on Scribd.  All have excessive back links and are mostly about web tools on improving rank & hit rate.  Each one has an average of 60 reads.  Except this last one.  My Morrocan lamb recipe on our Free Ad site ( the link takes you to the homepage then go to forum and recipes,  no its not direct coz I get more page views this way) has been read 916 times since yesterday.  I have had several subscribers over night and comments thanking me for such a nice recipe.  See now your gonna have to look.   The click through rate on my blatent links to the recipe pages was not to be sniffed at and undoubtably affected the Free Ads page rankings.   Additionally it has been downloaded 82 times and just one minute go became one of Scribds featured articles.  Now I know what it is to be a celebrity!

This has motivated me to publish even more of my recipes over the next few days.   The only problem with this motivation is I am left with an abundance of energy.  I need to burn it off so I am off to play my tennis with my son.

YapYapOK the UK Free Ads

Posted via email from Yap Yap OK. Daily Blog of the UKs superior FREE classified site

No comments:

Post a Comment