Saturday, April 17, 2010

Revising my SEO

YapYapOK UK Free Classified Alexa Ranking 681,821.  On the 19th March we ranked 1.36 million so we have jumped an access of 671,000 in less than a calender month.

Yesterday I was re reading some SEO literature.  It reminded me of one of the things that had somehow bypassed me when I read it first time.  It related to anchor text relevance with text linking.  I create around about 30 inward links everyday from highly ranked sites such as Blogger, Posturous, Linkedin etc.  Having an in bound link is like getting a vote from another website.  If that site happens to be well ranked then its vote is more important to Google. 

I had remembered to never use arbitrary text such as click here, I knew that it had to be related but clearly Google cannot make a relationship between YapYapOK and UK Free Classifieds.  So it is up to me to create that relationship.  At least until the name YapYapOK becomes synonymous with Free Classifieds.  Alas being humble was never my strong point, I had clearly forgotten we weren't there yet!

This week I shall be concentrating on article submission and submitting these to the various sites.  2 in particular that rank well are ezinearticles and articlesbase.  I trust that there is an opportunity for in links to the Best UK Free Classified Ads site, (I remembered)  but if not at least we have some free PR.  In case your wondering keywords such as the anchor text I have used is recognized better  with a capital letter at the front.

Such huge increases in Alexa during the past few weeks brings high expectations of the next few weeks. At this point complacency will not be acceptable.  It is important that I crank up a gear and continue to expand what I am doing and to research further tools that will enhance rank.

I am off to write my first article for the Worlds Best Classified.  It will include information about our Free Shop Hosting system.  Hopefully it will be more interesting than this blog, but this is really for anyone who is interested in tuning up their SEO.

YapYapOK Free Classified ads
YapYapOK Free Shop

Have a great week end!

Posted via email from Yap Yap OK. Daily Blog of the UKs superior FREE classified site

No comments:

Post a Comment