Wednesday, April 7, 2010

What goes around comes around

I am a big believer of karma.

My husband thinks I am a martyr, but I have always beleived that  most people are basically good.  That changed today when a friend sent me some news reports with some pictures of some of the barbaric crimes occurring all the time in South Africa.   I am not talking about murder, it is far worse than that.  I am unsure if the situation can be resolved when there is so much venom.

The problem with hate is that it never brings resolution.  It takes strength and courage to say sorry and it takes intelligence to see rational and perspective.  Having said that I don"t believe that i would be capable of these attributes faced with similar circumstances.

The problem with being human is that we are so flawed.  Expectations of each other can sometimes exceed either capability or circumstance.  Judgements are made too readily without fully understanding any situation.


I don't pretend to have a full handle on what is occurring in SA.  I  do however see depravity in the extreme when these animals are capable of inflicting so much pain upon others.  I have no comprehension of how one human being can inflict such gross and inhumane treatment to another.   I have never seen myself capable of hatred but it would not take this much suffering to change this.

Having said that I am so over protective of my son.  I would willingly fight all his battles if I thought that would help him.  Obviously I know that by involving myself unnecessarily in his battles I am not equipping him with some of the tools he will need to get on as an adult.  Clearly as a parent it is my job to protect him from unnecessary and dangerous persuits.  Thats is why I made him promise a very solemn promise, (when he was 7) that he will never do skydiving, bungie, rock climbing, smoke, ride a motorbike or any other activity which I deem detrimental to his wellbeing.

I remind him of this promise often enough for him to know I did not make it up when he was too young to remember.


Anyway, soooo off topic, the Alexa trick is working.  YapYapOK is currently ranked at 766,389 with a UK rank of 102,504.  That is a tremendous jump of practically 34k over night.  My target for this week is to be under 700,000 by Sunday.  If we can jump 100,000 each week then we should be under 100,000 within 7 weeks.  That is a tall order since it gets harder and harder to climb the further up you go.

High rankings brings increased visits.  This is perpetual motion as increased visits bring higher rankings.  Clearly this will have an effect on YapYapOK site earnings.  Our ethos at YapYapOK is to support and help others, fortunately as a private entity we do not have a duty to shareholders.  We hope to inextricably link the brand YapYapOK to compassionate causes.  Our long term plans may seem a little far fetched to publish at this stage of the business.  However we do hope to implement regular giftings as part of the company policy.   

Now what did I say about karma??!!!

YapYapOK free classified and free shop hosting
.

The whole of humanity is one human family. This planet is our only home.  
His Holiness The Dalai Lama

Posted via email from Yap Yap OK. Daily Blog of the UKs superior FREE classified site

No comments:

Post a Comment